Ya’all, I have so many books and I have been blazing through them like crazy. Over fall break I bought 8 books. I have already finished three of them and I am working on my fourth. At some point this week I will have a book photoshoot done with a friend and start spitting out book reviews like crazy. I hope you are ready with bursting wallets to go buy these fabulous books. Really, they are all amazing.
So what have I been reading?
- I read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. It was so good! Probably one of my favorites, although if you are an extreme conservative Christian then it’s probably not the book for you.
- I read Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. That was a more than fabulous book and is a favorite. I cannot wait to get the second book. It is actually really empowering for both male and female. It touches on both racial discrimination and sexist discrimination, and really sheds a lot of light on those subjects in a fantasy world.
- I read Bloody Jack by L. A. Meyer (and the second book) If you are a pirate, seamen, female who is convinced that sword fighting is the only understandable sport in the world, then this book is for you. I grew up obsessed with pirate instead of vampires, and this book is everything I wanted to read when I was twelve. It is beautifully written and, again, empowering for a woman ahead of her times.
So what am I currently reading?
- I am currently reading the third book to Bloody Jack. I will work on finishing it in the coming week.
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
- Eye of the Oracle by Bryan Davis
- I bought a book of the complete works of Jane Austen. I will work my way through reading all of her novels.
Somewhere along the way I might actually finish Water for Elephants and The Courtesan. I also have several books stacked beside my bed, but they’re not a high priority. Haha.
What are you reading right now?